About Us Section

Corporate Overview Group Strategy Our People FAQs Recruitment
Share Trading
Balmoral's shares can be traded by contacting Davy Stockbrokers. For more information click here

Head Office
29 North Anne Street
Dublin 7
tel: + 353 1 887 2788
fax: + 353 1 887 2789
Print Page Print Icon   |   A A A
You are here: Home     About Us    Corporate OverviewGroup StrategyOur PeopleFAQsRecruitment


  1. Where can I find more information about investing in Balmoral?
    Please see the Investors section of this website.
  2. How can I trade in Balmoral shares?
    Shares in Balmoral International Land Holdings can be traded either by contacting Davy directly, on, by calling on 01 614 9000 (from outside Ireland + 353 1 614 9000), mailing Davy, Davy House, 49 Dawson Street, Dublin 2 Ireland or through your stockbroker. Share transactions are processed via the CREST system. Share information, including volume traded and prices, are available on this website.
  3. Who should I contact if I have a query about my shares?

    Please contact our Registrars at the address below:

    Computershare Services (Ireland) Limited
    Heron House, Corrig Road,
    Sandyford Industrial Estate
    Dublin 18

    Phone: +353 1 247 5694

    Alternatively click on and follow the instructions provided.

  4. What do I do if I move house, change my name, lose my share certificate, accidentally destroy my share certificate?

    Please write to our registrars giving the following information:

    • the company you hold shares in
    • your name and address exactly as it appears on the register- this can be found on your dividend tax voucher.
    • your investor code - this can be found on your dividend tax voucher.
    • the share certificate number- if possible, state the number of the share certificate that is missing or the numbers of any other share certificates still in your possession.
    • if the share certificate was stolen, our registrars may require the crime reference number issued by the police.
    • if there is more than one shareholder, all parties must sign any communication.
  5. How much are my shares worth?
    You can check share prices on the homepage of this website.
  6. How do I transfer my shares?
    If you want to transfer your shares to someone that you know, you can transfer your holding using a stock transfer form. Please contact our registrars for a form.
  7. What is Stamp Duty Reserve Tax (SDRT)?
    SDRT is a UK tax that may be payable depending on the type of transfer transaction. For more information about stamp duty, please visit the Inland Revenue’s website for the stamp office on
  8. Can I donate my shares to charity?
    Yes, please visit
  9. How do I register the death of a shareholder?
    Please contact our registrars in writing to confirm the documentation required to register the death of a shareholder. This is dependent on the type of shareholding and the number of shareholders. Please state the following in the correspondence with our registrars: § The company the deceased owned shares in. § The full name of the deceased as shown on the share certificate. § The names of any additional shareholders as shown on the share certificate. If you have documentation recording the death of the shareholder, please enclose one of the following to our registrars: § A sealed copy of the grant of probate or letters of administration. For Scottish residents, the equivalent document is a certificate of confirmation § The share certificate(s) representing the total holding. If the account was held jointly with another person, please enclose the death certificate and share certificate for amendment.
  10. What is the Annual General Meeting?
    The AGM is an annual meeting of all shareholders held to deal with routine company matters, such as the election of directors and the approval of reports and accounts which are put to the vote of shareholders. Company directors usually take this opportunity to bring forward other matters requiring the agreement of shareholders such as setting the limits on the number of shares that can be issued in the following year.
  11. What other types of meetings are there?
    Other types of meetings of shareholders include Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) which are called if there is urgent or special business requiring shareholder approval that cannot wait till the next AGM.
  12. I cannot attend the next General Meeting - can I still vote?
    If you cannot go to the meeting yourself, you can appoint someone else to attend in your place as your 'proxy'. To do this, you must complete the proxy card that is sent to you with your notice of the annual general meeting and send it back to our registrars before the meeting. If a poll is taken on a resolution, your proxy can cast your vote for you but is not usually able to speak on your behalf. If you cannot appoint a proxy to attend the meeting in person, you can still send the proxy form back to our registrars and, in the event of a poll on any resolution, the chairman will cast your vote for you in line with your instructions. It is also possible to send your proxy instruction over the internet - details of this service will be sent to you with the information about the meeting.